About Me

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Mexican Cruise - Puerto Vallarta

Today I had originally planned to just catch a cab from the Marina to downtown Puerto Vallarta.  But yesterday I chickened out and settled for a tour instead.  Our tour was "The Best of Puerto Vallarta and Shopping Tour".



We jumped on our coach at about 9.30am and our tour guide Migel told us how PV was no longer a remote mexican place that it once was.  Population 350,000, 3 Walmarts, 1 Costco and all the takeaways you can name, Burger King and KFC that delivers.



Puerto Vallarta's main form of income is from Tourism.  This is the Sheraton. 



Due to tourism, construction is the second income producer.



We had a very quick stop at the Malecon which was where I would have like to spend my time.





The tourist then took us to the Lady ______ church just a short walk from the water.






This is the secondary school come trade school.



Just Cruising around the city and taking photos of the buildings and streets.





We then ventured a little out of the city to a local restaurant popular with Honeymooners.  Spectacular coastal views.



We didn't have lunch but soaked up the ambiance with the singers.





After lunch we headed back PV Centro and stopped to look at the flea markets located by this river that runs through the centre of town and divides the North from the South.


On returning to the ship I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed in the tour and I think PV itself.  Maybe I should have stayed with my first plans.

We always wonder what towel animal our stewards have left for us today and today it's a rabbit I think.



After skipping lunch it was straight to the outside grill for a cheeseburger lunch On the Lido deck.  A little after lunch snack was in order and we found this coffee shop we hadn't been too before, while looking for the library,  so I enjoyed afternoon tea with my girls.



To fill in the time and to have some family bonding time with some cards that we got from customer service.





Our day is not complete without shots, from the top deck, of the port where we are docked.



And of course the sunset.







No comments:

Post a Comment