One request I had for this trip was to visit a Micheals craft store. I wanted to buy some Project Life and Heidi Swapp products, some of which can not be bought in Australia.
I had planned to go to the shop on our way to Vegas on Tuesday but we had to change out plans as we were a little late leaving due to too many late nights. Luckily we had a free day today and I didn't want to miss out.
David did a great job driving on the wrong side of the street and I think I did a good job with the maps. About 30 minutes later we arrived at Micheals.
I have to say I was a little excited. So I headed straight to the Project Life sections.
After a quick look at Walmart across the way and lunch at McDonald's we once again moving with the traffic in right direction.
Next stop Red Rock Canyon. It was another 15 minutes and we arrived at the gate paid our $7 entrance fee.
One of the locals we didn't see.
This was the view of the canyon from the centre beautifully frames by the window.
Love these Cactus in the gardens surrounding the centre.
There was a scenic drive that we wanted to do and we were very surprised when we returned to our car. Theses very little cute Ground Squirrels were running around the car.
We didn't get to close as we were warned we we went to the canyon about animals and rabbies.
I didn't use my phone on the drive around the canyon, only my big camera.
The circuit took us about 50mins.
We headed back to the Strip and decided to visit the Harley Davidson centre and get our photo taken.
The hotel continues to reveal little treasures like these:-
It was then time to pack our bags, including all my new goodies, and get ready to leave for Yosemite National Park. But before that we had a show to see.
Tournament of Kings is held in the basement arena of the hotel. Show statets at 8.30 and doors open at 8.
The show was medieval themed with Kings, horses and Jousting. We were seated in the country of Hungary. France was the winner. The 3 course meal was way to big but delicious consisting of Tomato soup, #9 whole chicken, broccoli tree and jacket potato. All of which we are with our hands! Desert was and apple turnover. With lots of audience participation we had a great time.
To get to the show we walked through an arcade that we never knew was there, good thing that. We weren't escaping without all the kids having a turn,
That ended our time in Las Vegas and just one last shot of the Strip.
Goodbye Las Vegas we had fun.
















Looks like my type of day out...craft, cactus, squirrels...and then a great interactive show, love that you had to eat with your hands :)
ReplyDelete